Appian World has always been a launchpad for the company and low-code industry alike. Travel and social restrictions caused Appian to host Appian World virtually in 2020 and 2021. In 2022, Appian wanted to bring their community together for an in-person event – but, after two years of social distancing, would attendees be willing to dive back in? Appian partnered with Trademark to create a vibrant, informational, and safe event that could bring people together to experience the conference in both live and digital formats. Appian World 2022 set a new standard for large-scale corporate events, and broke previous attendee records. By tapping into the culture and energy of Miami, sharing insights from inspirational speakers, and providing attendees with on-site testing for safety, comfortable ways to reconnect in-person, and an information-packed agenda, Trademark brought in-person events back with a bang.
- Connected and comfortable: The unique and highly creative main stage set connected the audience and speakers seamlessly. With seamless graphics on extra wide screens, presentations became conversations that directly connected attendees to Appian’s messages. Soft seating throughout the space created a casual vibe and brought comfort to the event.
- Community-first: A strategic community hub drew people together and provided access to showcases, tech talks, partner presentations, and receptions. The Hub provided a gathering place to refresh and connect with colleagues, partners, and the Appian team.
- Fun and fabulous: The event kicked off with a 5K fun run on the first morning and each night ended with packed parties and receptions. Trademark infused every evening event with the culture, food, and vibe of Miami – including a boat party, a gathering in the middle of the Marlin’s outfield, live music, DJs, and local culinary experiences.
- Inspirational: Keynote speaker, Malala Yousafzai, a Pakistani advocate for equal education, spoke about being a global force for change in educational rights. The event also included a women’s appreciation lunch where the NFL’s first woman referee addressed guests.
- Educational: Appian hosted a live hackathon where six contestants had a limited time on stage to determine who could build a service through their application network. The Hackathon served as a way to showcase the Appian product while demonstrating real-world use cases.